Green Business Practices At Our San Diego, CA Factory
With so many of today’s plating, coating and fabrication services now performed overseas, AMP&P is proud to be an established, American factory alternative.
Our cutting edge processes and high standards of quality stand above those of foreign competitors, and result in better end products and customer satisfaction across the board. Plus, you can feel satisfied knowing that your business is helping to support American workers and business while also reducing the carbon footprint created when goods are shipped from other countries. Just as importantly, you can be assured of compliance with US standards at all stages of your product’s life.
In addition to being an American factory, we are also
committed to being a responsible steward of our shared
resources. As a result, we are pleased to offer industry-leading and award-winning green standards for all of our processes.
- Award-winning, world-class hazardous waste treatment facility on premises:
Winner of the 2001 Hazardous Waste Award for the State of CaliforniaContinual Gold Winner of the City of Vista Award for our devotion to protecting the environment in our factory’s home city
- We are a “Zero Discharge” facility, meaning that we DUMP NOTHING, and everything is recycled, including:
- All metals from our plating tanks
- All chemicals
- All cardboard – over one million pounds per year are no longer ending up in landfills thanks to our efforts
- All water is processed to remove all metal and is evaporated into a sludge that can be recycled.
- We use environmentally friendly tri-chrome processes only.
- We manufacture products compliant with RoHS (Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances) legislation.
- RoHS-compliant chemicals ensure the safety of our customers and the environment.
- We have reduced packaging and shipping materials by over 50% and currently use only recycled cardboard and paper products.
- Retrofitted entire operation with energy-saving compact fluorescent lighting.
- One of our goals is to become a paperless company.
- Ongoing efforts will continue as we learn to keep the environment healthy.